We now have a vacancy for an Area Sales Manager to work within and around the Gloucestershire area, selling very high-quality Groundcare machinery to our established customer base of schools, councils, contractors, golf courses and private estates.
About the role…
The territory has been covered extremely successfully for the past fourteen years by one of our highly regarded colleagues and due to an internal promotion, this lucrative patch now needs someone to continue the excellent work that’s gone before. It’s a sales role with a difference as our team are all extremely hands-on which allows them to conduct site visits, advise on machinery requirements, conduct demonstrations and install the machinery once the sale is concluded. Managing the process from start to finish makes it all the more rewarding, however, the requirement for a practical approach and a good knowledge of machinery becomes essential.
The team all manage their territories as though they are their own businesses – planning their days, scheduling meetings, attending shows & events, working on tenders and targeting marketing activities. With success so tangible, this freedom suits those who are self-motivated, driven and passionate about using their time wisely. We also need people who genuinely recognise the value in developing ever closer relationships with our customer base – with the successful candidate having a friendly and professional approach, confident with high-value transactions and able to build these long-term working relationships.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Managing all Groundcare sales within the designated area
- Developing contacts and building relationships
- Territory planning and management
- Prospecting new potential customers
- Preparation of quotations
- Arrange and conduct machinery demonstrations
- Manage territory credit control and resolve customer account queries
- Management of used machinery stock
- Achievement of the annual sales target
The ideal Salesperson will have the following:
- Excellent communications skills; both verbal and written
- Experience in the Groundcare industry
- Highly organised
- Able to use own initiative
- Works well under pressure during busy periods
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday: 8am – 5pm