Established in 1947, Lister Wilder remains a wholly owned family business who specialise in supplying and maintaining machinery for four key markets: Agricultural, Groundcare, Construction and Arboriculture.
Lister Wilder is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with Lister Wilder Ltd.
We respect your privacy and understand that privacy is important to you and that you care about how information about you is used, so this privacy notice sets out details about what data we collect and how we use it.
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
When someone visits our website www.listerwilder.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this in a way which does not personally identify the visitor. This enables us to gather statistics on such things as number of visitors to the website, most popular pages, how long people stay on the site etc. This information is used to help improve the website and the user’s experience. Where we collect personal data via our website, we will be upfront about it and it will be obvious to you that you’re providing personal data and how we will be using
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS We make use of the Google Analytics service to collect standard information about visitors to the sites and their behaviour (e.g. what pages they viewed). The data provided by Google Analytics is anonymised and in no way enables us to identify individual visitors, however, Google Analytics will place a cookie on your device to enable the service. For more information about how Google Analytics cookies work on websites visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
- ONLINE TRANSACTIONS Our Sites use https & SSL for secure end to end connection. Our payment portals are PCI Compliant.
NEWSLETTERS AND MARKETING
If you have opted in to receive newsletters and marketing information you will receive these via post or email on a regular basis. You will be offered the opportunity to opt out from this information when you receive it or you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us at dataprotection[at]listerwilder.co.uk.
PEOPLE WHO CALL OUR OFFICE
- TO PLACE AN ORDER When a customer visits or calls a depot, their mobile number is requested so that the depot can notify the customer of when their order is ready for collection. The name of the customer and mobile number will be entered onto our business management system, as a contact under the business name of the customer, where applicable. The mobile number will not be used for any purpose, other than to notify the individual of when the ordered goods are ready.
- TO LOG A SUPPORT REQUEST OR CUSTOMER SERVICES ENQUIRY When a customer calls to book a service, their name and mobile number / email address is collected with the sole purpose of communicating with them about their service enquiry. The data may be entered onto our business management system under the business name of the customer, where applicable. The details retained will not be used for any purpose, other than to notify the individual of details of their service request.
PEOPLE WHO CONTACT US VIA EMAIL
When you contact us via email your email details will stay on our mail server and the recipients email client while it is dealt with. It may be shared with other staff within the company if their participation is needed to resolve an issue or query. Your email details will not be passed on within the company for marketing reason unless you expressly request this. Emails will be kept for a period of up to 7 years or until they are deemed no longer necessary to keep.
OUR USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
If you sign up to or follow any of our social media platforms you are agreeing to see, view and receive posts from them. You have the right to leave these platforms at any time. We will not gather information from the sites for any other purposes unless expressly asked to do so by you. We have no control over how the site hosts use your data and you must remember you agree to their terms and conditions when you sign up so you must review these regularly.
PEOPLE WHO ARE OUR CUSTOMERS
You are a customer of Lister Wilder if you have purchased a product or service from us. In order for us to fulfil our legal financial obligations your customer data is stored on our business management system. The data we keep stored here is solely for providing delivery of goods and services, plus invoices and statements for accounting purposes. We will ask you at the time of setting up your account if you would like to receive marketing information, and these preferences are also stored here. You can change your mind at any time about these preferences, either by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing from emails using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every mailshot sent. If your account is live (up to 8 years) the data is kept on our system, but if your account remains unused over 8 years then it will be put on STOP and your details hidden. If you have had a financial transaction with us then we are obliged to keep your data on the system for 7 years. We keep your name, address, telephone numbers of the business and also any mobile numbers of employees you may have who have ordered from us on your behalf.
Upon accepting an offer of employment, your name, address, next of kin details are entered onto our HR system and paper copies are kept in your personnel file, which is locked in a filing cabinet. Payroll is processed through our Dealer Management system, accessed by our Payroll Manager only. Starting salary details only are kept in a physical file locked away in a filing cabinet. These details are not kept online other than on our Payroll Dealer Management system and are only accessed by those who have the authority to do so. Your name, date of birth and employment start date are provided to our Life Insurance provider and our Pension provider with your consent.
We collect personal details for recruitment purposes to provide proof of identity. For those personnel who are unsuccessful in securing employment with Lister Wilder Ltd, we will keep your data on file for 12 months, if you consent, in the event that another suitable post becomes available. If consent if not given, your application and any other personal details will be securely destroyed. Provide here, details of what data you collect for recruitment, how you store it, how long you keep it (successful or unsuccessful candidates), how you collect it, etc.
Unless stated elsewhere in this document or in our terms of services we only store the data necessary to provide the services we provide to you. We will keep this data for as long as it is lawful for us to do so (this may be for as long as you are a customer or because of a legal obligation to retain the information, whichever is the longest).
THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS
We use a number of third-party cloud-based services for the purposes of effectively running our business and providing our services to you. We also use a number of third-party organisations, e.g. accountants, HR support, etc. In all cases where we are using a third-party service or company, we will only provide the minimal amount of information for the purposes of delivering the service to us and to meet our requirements. We always carry out due diligence against all our third-party suppliers for the purposes of ensuring their compliance with data protection, maintaining adequate security of your data and ensuring they apply adequate data protection principles to the processing of the data we supply.
Under current data protection legislation in the UK, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the data we store and process about you. You can find more information about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
- COMPLAINTS If you want to make a compliant about the way we are processing your data, you can contact us, using the contact details below. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- HOW TO WITHDRAW CONSENT AND OBJECT TO PROCESSING Where we are processing your data and needed to ask your permission to do so, you are able to withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to stop receiving our marketing emails you can do so, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom or the email. Otherwise, you can contact us, using the contact details below. If you wish to raise concerns about the way we are processing your data or would like to raise an objection, then please email us at dataprotection[at]listerwilder.co.uk with your concerns.
- KEEPING YOUR DATA UP TO DATE It is important that any of your data that we process is kept up to date. We will from time to time ask you to verify your contact details but if you wish to update any information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
- ERASURE OF YOUR DATA (THE “RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN”) Under some circumstances you may request us to delete your data from our systems. Where this is possible (e.g. we don’t have any legal purpose for continuing to process your data) we will erase it from our systems. If you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten, please contact us via the contact details below.
- PORTABILITY Your right to portability allows you to request a machine-readable format of the data you supplied to us and associated service logs (where we store them). Please contact us, using the contact details below, if you wish to receive a CSV export of your data.
- ACCESS TO YOUR DATA You have the right to ask us about what data we hold about you, how we process it and provide you with a copy of the information, free of charge and within one month of your request. To make a request for any personal information we hold and process about you, we would prefer it if you could put it in writing or in an email to the addresses below. We will need to verify your identity before providing the information and where necessary may contact you further to ensure we understand what data you are requesting.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not share any personal data with any third parties unless it is lawful for us to do so, if required by law to do so or if you provide us with permission to do so.
For more information about your data rights and privacy or data protection in general visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about how we collect and use your information not covered in this privacy notice, or if you wish to speak to someone about our approach to data protection and privacy, please contact: dataprotection[at]listerwilder.co.uk
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change or update elements of this privacy notice from time to time or as required by law. The most current version of our privacy notice is available on our website at www.listerwilder.co.uk.